marked by fundamental stages: territory expansion, first to Italy and then to foreign countries; then strategic decisions like the high attention to the sources of energy, customers’ satisfaction, partners’ and collaborators‘ respect, the growing range of products, result of the most advanced innovation in textile processes and technology. Along this long trip the leading thread has always been the research of quality.
The two partners that came from Switzerland founded in 1976 Schmid & Niggeler s.a. The company later changed its name to Niggeler & Küpfer S.a. in 1888 when the founder Schmid left for health reasons, allowing his friend Emil Küpfer and his family to join the company. Family Küpfer is still active in the society. During the 80’s the Italian family Archetti joined the company replacing partially Niggeler family and until nowadays they became the major shareholder.
The initial specialisation in the spinning field widens in a few years including the weaving. The development then came through an organic increase of the employment and of new acquisitions that planned, already in 1894, the project of todays headquarter in Capriolo, Brescia, Northern Italy.
Starting from the 60'ies the group widens its activities with the acquisition and the creation of different brands ant with the production of finished products such as Shirts (With DAJANA S.p.A.) and with home linens (With NK Home S.r.l.), now both sold.